Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We Transferred!

I have been so busy enjoying the culmination of all that we have been working so hard to get to! Transfer Day was Saturday, February 11, 2012. We made it!

We got the news on Friday morning that we had 8 embryos still a-growin and that we were going to have our transfer at 8am on Saturday. The guys had already booked their flights, hotel and rental car so I had them send over that info and we booked a room at the same hotel so we would get to spend even more time together before the transfer. Sadly due to a small snow squall, the guys didn't get to the hotel until just after 2am Saturday morning! I felt horrible.

The morning was slow getting up for us all (thanks to my husband and I attempting to sleep on a FULL SIZE bed together). We just made our 7:45am arrival time. We hauled ass up to the Toll Center and quickly took celebratory pictures of me and the guys in the waiting room. Before I knew it, the nurses were shuffling me back to the transfer room. After laying on the table undressed from the waist down for about 5min the crew arrived! Frank, Adam, Eddy, Jenna and Ryan all shuffled into the room to be present while I got knocked up.

Thank goodness Dr. Barmat has a lot of patience and a good sense of humor because there wasn't much room for him in there. He discussed with the guys the two embryos we were going to transfer and gave them a picture. Both Adam and Frank had a grade A, 8-celled embryo ready and waiting. Sad news was that the doc was only going to be able to freeze 1 of Adams and 3 of Franks. But we were just pleased at the moment that all our hard work had panned out and I was laying on that table in stirrups. So the doctor sat down and got to work. Before we even knew it, the embryos were transferred to snuggle in! We did it, that was it.

After the transfer the embryologist came in and discussed that they wanted to keep an eye on two of Adam's embryos and see how they grow. Of course there was always the scary chance that in a few days they still wouldn't be good enough to freeze. After agreeing to keep an eye on them, she left and came back a few minutes later SHOCKED. Adam's two embryos had grown so much in a couple of hours (since that am) that they were going to be able to freeze them BOTH! So my IF's have FIVE embryos on ice. What awesome news. Of course, we all know we will have no need for them.

We spent the next few days really enjoying eachother's company. Swimming, lunch, dinner, movies. So much fun and so many memories for them as well as my family to always cherish.

Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for the gift of being your surrogate. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment