Friday, January 27, 2012

Becomming a Drug Addict



I had my second monitoring appointment on Tuesday and all went fairly ok. My lining was measuring an "8" with a bit of fluid. So we upped my estradiol to 3 times a day. I am starting to feel like a darn drug addict carrying around all these pills, needles and whatnot! I currently pop my levothyroxine (for my thyroid), folic acid, prenatal, baby aspirin, estradiol and my azithromycin (for my ear/sinus infections) in the am. At lunch I down 1 estradiol and I take the last estradiol with my lupron shot at 8pm. Yeah I am becomming a drug addict, of the best kind!

Today marks antibiotics for Eddy. I don't have to take them because I'm already on them for my infections. I'm half tempted to continue onto them though because I'm still feeling like crap.

Anyhow, it's also a VERY big day for our ED Stitch. She is going to a clinic in FL today for her first weenie wand appointment as well as labs. And, if all is good, she starts her stimulation medication today! Holy crap, this is it. This is everything we have been working towards since JULY. She also has to go back on the 30th and then on the 1st. Then on February 2nd she'll travel to the lovely state of PA and have her appointments at our clinic, Abington Reproductive Medicine, on the 3rd, 4th and 6th. Depending on how things look at those first few appointments at the clinic, she could take her HCG trigger shot (that triggers her ovaries to prepare for ovulation) anytime between the 4th-6th. Once she triggers I get to stop the Lupron and move onto Progesterone suppositories. And tentative retrieval is anytime between the 6th-8th. Once she retrieves they will fertilize the precious cargo and Adam and Frank will each have a batch of embryos. We are hoping that 5 days after retrieval we will be safely transporting one of each batch of embryos back into my fluffy uterus for the next 9mo! HOW SURREAL?

No comments:

Post a Comment