Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's a bumpy road but someone has to travel it

So the title says it ALL. And I have to say I'm so glad that we are FINALLY on our way and I officially start Lupron today!

It hasn't even been a whole month since I last posted. Since then the ED Stitch and I have both been on active birth control pills (BCP's) and waiting for further instructions. We've also had to repeat labs that became lost, send over psych evals about four times, deal with a lazy nurse at my doctor's office, change our transfer schedule once because of a nurse at the clinic who shouldn't have been so presumtuous, and so much more.

But it all comes down to this... Frank and Adam will be daddies on or around October 27th 2012. How awesome is that? Our tentative retrieval date is February 6th with a tentative transfer date of February 11th (5 day transfer). If all goes like last time (like I said before I carried twins in 07') I just might have a BFP (big fat positive pregnancy test) by Valentine's Day. How sweet would that be? With Evan & Cole I had a positive on a test by 3.5dp5dt (that means three and half days after we transferred a five day embryo).

So, in the spirit of what's to come, I have designed a t-shirt to wear on the superstitious transfer day! There are many fun "customs" that have come to be for us surrogates on transfer day such as wearing green (I don't care if it's your UNDERWEAR, you better support us!), eating pineapple and french fries (it's been argued that McDonald's is better than Burger King but that stands to be determined still), wearing a lucky charm from another surro who got pregnant while wearing that item (I have no shame, lemme borrow those stinky socks.. all in the name of Surrogacy), and last but not least (for me at least) is TONS OF PICTURES. Yup, that's right! I customarily take pictures throughout the entire procedure. So be prepared to see my legs in the air and the doc between them. I have NO SHAME when it comes to miracles. Smile for the camera Doctor!

So be prepared because the ride is really beginning and we're off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment